Thursday, February 25, 2010

My Playboy Mansion Friend Jeremy Arnold Testified on Capital Hill!

I was watching The Nightly News -and all of sudden I saw my Friend & Fellow Playboy Mansion Allumni Guest Jeremy Arnold on there -testifing on Capital Hill -I only caught a glimpse & wanted him to Spill The Beans and tell me why, what, how etc....Well here is his response to me Below -Right on Jeremy -I am VERY Proud of you -CHEERS to You!!!!

Yes, Stacy, it is True, I flew to DC to testify yesterday at a subcommittee hearing of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. The subject was Anthem's recent proposed premium hikes on individual health insurance subscribers in California. I am one who was affected by this. I wrote an e-mail to my Congressman 10 days ago when I saw that he was the chair of the committee leading the federal inquiry, and the next thing I knew I was one of three people from California being invited to testify in person! Just amazing. It was an honor to be so directly involved in such an important issue, and to be the proverbial "little guy" putting his points across. I felt like I was in a Frank Capra movie.You can see an archived webcast of the entire hearing at the link below. My 5-minute statement begins at the 52:00 minute mark. Over the following hour, I sporadically answer questions from Democratic and Republican congressmen. After the three of us panelists were done, the CEO of Anthem testified and took questions.

That's also on the webcast.http://cspan.org/Watch/Media/2010/02/24/HP/A/29987/House+Hearing+on+Insurance+Premium+Increases+by+Anthem+Blue+Cross.aspx

You can also go to this website to read my written testimony, which is slightly different from my spoken testimony (especially the ending!):http://energycommerce.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1905:premium-increases-by-anthem-blue-cross-in-the-individual-health-insurance-market&catid=133:subcommittee-on-oversight-and-investigations&Itemid=73

1 comment:

Judson said...

Thank you for sharing your story and really interesting and unbelievable story.

-----------
Playboy Mansion Tickets